Game Design: Haakon Hoel Gaarder
Artwork: Haakon Hoel Gaarder
Estimated play time: 30-60 minutes
Suitable for ages: 10+
BGG Page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/241724/villagers
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/villagerscommunity/
Sinister Fish store status: in stock
Retail store status: 4th printing coming in 2021.
You are the founder of a new village during the middle ages, in the years after a great plague. The loss of so many people has created big problems for the survivors. Many of the people the villagers used to depend on for essential things like food, shelter and clothes are gone. Craftsmen find themselves without suppliers of raw materials, traders have lost their customers and many have lost their farms and workshops as they escaped the plague.
The roads are full of refugees seeking a new beginning. They come to you, hoping to settle down on your land and make a living. Your grain farm is the ideal starting point for a village, reliably providing food for many people. You must choose wisely who you allow to settle with you, as your food and resources are limited.
The people on the road have valuable and unique skills, but they all in turn rely on other people with very specific crafts to be able to work. Raw materials, tools and services must be provided by other people from the road.
If you manage to find people that can work together to make a profit, while increasing your food surplus and capacity for building new houses, your village will be prosperous.
The game comes with a solo mode where a lone village strives to prosper in spite of the dreaded Countess and her evil machinations.
Villagers Product Line
Official Rules Video
Villagers Rules Downloads
Thanks to our wonderful publishing partners around the world, Villagers is available in the following languages:
- German (KOSMOS)
- French, as “Compagnons” (Gigamic)
- Polish, as “Wlościanie” (IUVI Games)
- Italian, (MS Edizioni)
- Spanish (Arrakis Games, Fractal Juegos)
- Korean (Angry Lion Games)
- Chinese (YOKA Games)
- The two Bed Builder cards should have a green padlock icon in the top left corner.
- The 3-5 player side of the “End of Draft Phase” card has four numbered steps, which incorrectly count 1, 2, 4, 5. The four steps should be numbered 1-4.
- There is some missing text on the Priest card. Underneath the silver scoring formula it should read “3 GOLD FOR EVERY 2 SOLITARY SYMBOLS”.
- The small padlock on the Priest card should be brown, not green.
The first printing of the game has the following errors:
If your copy of the game has these errors, you can get replacement cards from us completely free of charge, as stocks allow.
The “Revised Edition” of the game, from the second printing onward, corrects these mistakes. This version has “Revised Edition” printed next to the barcode on the bottom of the box.